Sunday, April 14, 2013

Water Issue

I learned many ways in which water is used daily throughout society.
Five facts I learned include:
  • Three Gorges Dam is the largest dam in the world, holding about 10.3 trillion gallons of water.
  • Three Gorges Dam holds so much water that it actually slows Earth's rotation
  • It takes more water to make a steak than a salad
  • Aerating sewage in a necessary process to purify water to get out all the grit out of it
  • The Mediterranean and southern Africa would suffer the most extreme droughts as a result of global warming.
I think that Dani and Allen's presentation over dams was the best because they actually knew what they were talking about. I think my presentation could've been improved had I included more videos throughout the entire presentation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment