Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Dallas World Aquarium

The field trip was really fun, however, I almost didn't make it as a result of my 1st period substitute teacher not letting me leave the class, causing me to miss the bus. My stepmother drove me there, and from then on, it was a blast. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the animals and the overall atmosphere of the aquarium. However, I felt as though we were rushed so I missed a few exhibits. I would've liked to stay longer than we did. The most interesting thing I saw was the saw fish. It just looked so different from everything else, plus it was really awesome being in the shark tunnel and have it swim overhead.
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Five things I learned from this field trip include:
  • The Japanese Spider Crab is dimorphic, meaning that the male and female look different

  • The Matschie's Tree Kangaroo is an endangered animal
  • Spotted Eagle Rays tend to stay in groups
photo.JPG
  • Sloths move so slow that algae grows on their fur, providing camouflage for it
photo.JPG
  • Capybaras are the world's largest rodents

No comments:

Post a Comment